Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fitness and Health


With the new year starting, and given that I am back in the States and can focus more on my eating and exercise, I am starting a new section for this blog about health and fitness. I am planning on losing the weight I had gained from eating Crepes and French foods as well a little extra since my 21st Birthday is in March and I want to look extra great for that as well as just being in the best shape and health I can be.  So I thought I would share with you in this post more about where I am starting at, what my goals are, the exercises I am planning on doing, and how I am going to try to keep myself motivated

I will start with where I am starting at. I am 6'10" and 160 lbs with a BMI index of 22.96 which is considered Normal.  The only thing about where I stand on the BMI index is that I am near the top of the normal side and I would rather be near the bottom/middle of the normal side. My goal at this moment is to reach a weight of 130 lbs, which would put me at a BMI index of 18.65. 

In regards to exercising, I can get a little board if I do the same thing every day. So I am planning on mixing up my workouts between Yoga, going to the Gym, going on long Walks/Hikes, and Pilates. 
I will go into more depth with each form of exercise in a separate blog post.  I will be working out from 4-5 times per week depending on the amount of school work I have to do. You should always allot yourself some rest days so that your muscles can relax and rejuvenate itself to keep you healthy. It will also allow me to use those days of rest for my extra busy days that I don't have time to exercise on. 

To keep me motivated, I have created mini goals to reach in which then I will reward myself with something that has been catching my eye or something of the sort. And again, it will apart of another blog post since I don't want this post to get too long. 

So the last thing I want to talk about in this post is that I challenge you to come along with me and make 2014 the year that you get in shape and obtain the best body for you. It won't be easy and there will be time you will want to give up, but don't because the end results will be worth it. 

A great to keep track of your progress and what you are eating do doing for exercise in a Calorie form is to use MyFitness Pal. It is a great app that helps you know how many calories you should intake per day and how much you have burned or consumed for each meal and exercise. It also can track you weight so that you can see on a line chart how fast or slow you are losing weight. 





No comments:

Post a Comment